NEW DWI LAW TAKES PLACE IN TEXAS STARTING SEPT. 1, 2019 “FAKE DEFERRED ADJUDICATION”
Under very specific conditions, a DWI may be able to be eventually dismissed by law.
Here is some information from a DWI Lawyer:
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. This is a FAKE dismissal. If you get another DWI, suddenly the DWI you were told would be dismissed is alive again and will be used as an enhancement.
2. It does not apply to offenses which occurred prior to Sept. 1, 2019 (or the bond out date).
3. It is centered on having an interlock on your vehicle with probation (there are limited exceptions under certain conditions).
See this video for more information.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
1. Seek help. Always get a professional opinion. It many different fact scenarios, it would be better
to push a case for trial and have a better outcome (a negotiated non DWI outcome) than take a “fake” deferred.
2. Don’t Fall for False security. Do not make a decision on the premise “I will never get arrested for DWI again.” Everyone that ever got a repeat DWI said this on their first DWI. If you plead to a “fake” deferred, you can’t change it later.
3. Take action. In order to maximize a possibly good potential outcome for your case, follow the advice of our office of DWI Lawyers upon hire and while we gather the evidence in your case for a case evaluation. Waiting may be too late. A DWI is a life changing event. Treat it as such. We can help you with recommendations for remedial measures that will help you and your case. Good people make mistakes, don’t let falling for a “fake” dismissal be one of them.
The Coffey Firm handles DWI and Criminal Defense cases in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and surrounding counties, including Collin, Denton, Johnson, and Parker Counties. If you need a DWI attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us.